A patty of cooked potato slaw.|
- 2 large/2 pounds of potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 6 Tbsp flour
- Pinches of salt & pepper
Kartoffelpan is a savory potato-based pancake dish originally created by Ailor living in what later became Leutz-Vixe territory. With their uplifting to sophistication, their food similarly followed, and modern-day Kartoffelpan was born. The dish is eaten by all classes of society due to its malleability: anyone can either heighten or simplify the dish with new spices, more precise shaping, and so on.
Kartoffelpan is not a remarkable dish, as other Cultures across Aloria possess potato patty cuisine as well. However, the Leutz-Vixe variety is often dated as being one of the oldest, extending back to around 150 AC in pre-Leutz areas of the Regalian Archipelago. When the Ithanian settlers who would become the Leutz-Vixe people entered these regions, the food was greatly enhanced by Ithanian culinary knowledge. Over time, the formal and finely made Kartoffelpan emerged both as a meal of the common people but, with more spices and a more precise creation process, also a dish for the upper classes. Today, the dish retains this dual nature, enjoyed in homes both big and small across Leutz-Vixe territory and beyond, thanks to the influence of several notable Leutz-Vixe cultured men and women who have risen to prominence in the last decade.
Kartoffelpan is generally easy to make. First, the potatoes have to be peeled and then grated. They then need to be fully dried in a towel to ensure that all the moisture has left the grated pieces. It should then be added to a bowl with all of the other ingredients, with an amount of flour that is suitable for the individual chef and their tools. The entire substance should then be vigorously mixed, before being removed from the bowl and flattened. For the final step, however, the many pieces of Kartoffelpan the individual wants should then be boiled in oil; it shouldn’t be deep fried, though some enjoy the taste this creates. After the boiling process and the dish having been left to dry, it is ready to be served with whatever sauce is deemed desirable. Generally, the ingredient portions mentioned above result in six to eight patties.
- Kartoffelpan looks like a potato slaw patty, cooked brown on both sides with darker or lighter patches along its surface, along with small hints toward the ingredients and spices within it.
- Kartoffelpan smells of potato and cooked food, given that it is fried.
- Kartoffelpan has a savory, warm taste, with the potatoes and onion blending well alongside the egg and added seasonings.
- Kartoffelpans are often consumed with a form of sweet apple-based sauce.
- One of the first notable chefs to propagate Kartoffelpan was the chef to House de Luxelle.
WaterDruppel, AlphaInsomnia, FireFan96||
HydraLana on 08/9/2020.|
» Read more