Light, with chunks of ingredients floating.|
- 3/10 Tomato slices
- 3/10 Goat Cheese
- 3/10 Onion
- 1/10 Any type of Meat Sausage
The Margetirita is a common meal found in households all around Aloria. From its humble beginnings as a meal for commoners that were too tired to make a proper meal when they got home, it has now evolved into one of the most popular meals to prepare for nobles and commoners alike. Its easy to find ingredients allow it to be obtainable for any class and only requires water. This particular meal stems from the Vultaro coal mining regions.
The Margetirita found its origins as a household meal due to the labor that those in Vultaro often endure. After a hard day in the coal mines, the women and men of Vultaro did not wish to spend a lot of time cooking their meal, as they needed to rest for the next day. It is unknown who exactly created this particular meal, but it is known that once it was invented, it became one of the most common meals to eat for the working class in Vultaro. Following its conception, the easy-to-make meal made its way throughout the Regalian Archipelago, becoming a favorite of mothers and working citizens alike.
The Margetirita is notoriously easy to make, all you need is a pot, some water, and the required ingredients. Pour the water into the pot until it is approximately a quarter full, leaving room for vegetables to be able to cook without the water boiling over as it heats up. Once the water is boiling you add the tomatoes first, allowing them to properly cook for approximately five minutes. The next ingredient to be added is the sausage, as the meat takes the second longest to cook, after which comes onions and cheese which need the least amount of cooking as they are good raw. Leave the pot on the fire for about an hour and then remove it. Allow the pot to cool for about five to ten minutes before serving the meal.
- The Margetirita generally appears as a regular stew, placed in a bowl and served. The various cooked ingredients remain at the top while the watery portion remains toward the bottom of the bowl.
- The smell of the stew is generally that of the tomato and the meat, though if you vary the ingredients slightly it may small more sour due to the cheese.
- The taste of the stew is primarily determined by the type of sausage used, with secondary flavors produced by the cheese, and the other ingredients falling into line behind that. It has a soft texture to it due to the tomatoes being involved as the first ingredient, the cheese offers further thickness to the stew.
- A common prank to play on the person who is cooking this item is putting a piece of coal in the stew. This has fallen out of practice following the massive political upheaval of Vultaro that began with coal.
HydraLana, Doc_Cantankerous, Enkiduu||
HydraLana on 10/8/2017.|
» Read more