This page exists to explain how staff members achieve ranks in the various team departments which exist on MassiveCraft. Here on MassiveCraft we are working within a meritocracy, where individuals are judged by the quality of their work and their dedication to success. As such, the rank up procedures for various departments are evaluated differently based on tasks associated within each department. This page exists to provide some clarification on what is expected within each department to achieve ranks.
- 1 Direction Department
- 2 Game Department
- 3 World Department
- 4 Lore Department
- 5 Quest Department
- 6 PR Department
- 7 Tech Department
- 8 Rank Demotions or Staff Removal
Rank 1 ratings are achieved once you complete the following:
- Codex Clearance
- Basic rank 1 training (Commands, rules, punishments, ticket competency)
- Point Activity (more than the minimum of 10 points/10 weeks)
- Active Communication: Asking for training, participating in events, asking questions, and requesting feedback are good examples
Rank 2 ratings are achieved once you complete the following:
- Basic rank 2 training (Massivelock, regions, scamming, harassment, mass theft, afk grinding, ticket competency)
- Point Activity (more than the minimum of 20 points/ 10 weeks)
- Active Communication: Asking for training, hosting events, participating in events, asking questions, and requesting feedback are good examples
- Leadership skills: Encouraging other staff to participate in events, training staff, and providing feedback are good examples
Rank 3 ratings are achieved once you complete the following:
- Advanced training (item glitch refunds, MassiveMobs, and lag machines)
- Point Activity (more than the minimum of 30 points/10 weeks)
- Strong Leadership Skills: Assisting and training lower ranked staff, good problem-solvers, and drive to move the department forward
- Strong Communication Skills with both lower ranking staff and the department leader
- Rank 3 Project: Communicate with department lead BEFORE starting a rank 3 project - it must be approved first. Rank 3 projects are projects which require innovation and display leadership skills
Rank Demotions or Staff Removal
The following list are examples of things which can result in a staff member being demoted or losing their rank. In extreme cases, these can result in complete staff removal.
- Lack of point upkeep in a 10 week period: Rank 1 requires 10 points, Rank 2 requires 20 points, and Rank 3 requires 30 points.
- Inactivity: Disappearing without a message for weeks or months on end with no reported absence.
- False point reporting: Intentionally providing incorrect point information to either benefit yourself or harm another staff member's progress.
- Disrespecting the Staff hierarchy: For example, engaging in a behavior you were told not to do by a senior staff member.
- Violation of Staff:Codex. Abusing staff position for personal benefit, leaking confidential information, sabotaging staff/server progress, etc.
- Unprofessional Public Behavior: Openly discussing staff matters with other players, breaking the rules, or breaking the codex.