Scholarly Point Buy
Scholarly Point Buy is part of the Proficiency System. Its Packs grant a Character knowledge in certain theories. Regardless of whether a Pack allows the user to wield/move Dimenthist forces, none of these Packs make the user Occult or an Aberrant.
Combat Theory Pack
- This Pack can only be chosen if the Character has not bought more than a single Point Buy Pack from the Magic Proficiency Category, Melee Weapon Point Buy, Defensive Point Buy, Ranged Weapon Point Buy, or Firearms Point Buy.
- This Pack's Abilities can only be used while the user is unarmed and out of Combat (which also includes not using any Abilities). The moment the user attacks or is attacked, all Abilities and Specials end.
- This Pack has three Abilities, though only one of them may ever be used at a time by one user. They cannot stack the same Ability with other Combat Theorists, but different Abilities may be applied on the same person.
- This Pack is designed for bystander Scholars to give them some impact in ongoing Combat RP, not for Combat Roleplayers. Use outside of these parameters may result in Lore Staff intervention.
|Ability Name||Ability Type||Ability Range||Ability Description||Modifiers|
|Attack Theory||Mundane Technique||Emote Range||Grants the user Attack Theory||N/A|
|Defense Theory||Mundane Technique||Emote Range||Grants the user Defense Theory||N/A|
|Endure Theory||Mundane Technique||Emote Range||Grants the user Endure Theory||N/A|
Affliction Wisdom Pack
Affliction Wisdom allows the user to immerse themselves in the lore of the Afflictions, more specifically the process of infection, curing and the changes of these Afflictions.
- With Affliction Wisdom, a Character becomes immune to Vampiric/Cahalic Infection, and additionally also becomes immune to Blood/Soul Sickness that would occur from contact.
- With Affliction Wisdom, if they enter into a Region/Estate/Base that has Home Advantage active for a Vampire or Cahal, the effects also apply to the user to even the playing field.
- If the Character has invested at least 4 Proficiency Points in Wisdom, this Pack also allows them to Cure Vampires and Cahal at the Curing Chamber, provided they themselves are not a Vampire or Cahal.
Deeplore Wisdom Pack
Deeplore Wisdom allows the user to immerse themselves into the ancient history of the lost civilizations, and be able to interact with things from these eras in different ways.
- With Deeplore Wisdom, a Character can identify both in-game and in Progressions what Era something belongs to, and likely what (Mundane) use it had for those people.
- With Deeplore Wisdom, if the Character encounters an in-game Knowledge Event where an Entity offers a number of Deep-lore questions, the user can double their questions.
- With Deeplore Wisdom, a Character can exposit deep-lore information in Progressions they may not be privy to OOC or on the server, when they encounter something important.
Dimenthist Wisdom Pack
Dimenthist Wisdom allows the user to immerse themselves in the lore of the Dimensions, more specifically the essences and their presence on Aloria.
- With Dimenthist Wisdom, a Character is able to identify Essences and Energies or Presence in Progressions that are otherwise undetectable to the uninitiated.
- With Dimenthist Wisdom, a Character can cleanse Mutations that were applied by Void, Exist, Primal or Ordial Essences, including themselves.
- If the Character has invested at least 4 Proficiency Points in Wisdom, this Pack allows them to Exorcise a target to remove any effect that can be cleansed with Exorcism Mechanics while fully restrained.
Mineral Wisdom Pack
Mineral Wisdom allows the user to immerse themselves in the unique and non-Mundane crystals and minerals that can be found all across Aloria.
- With Volacrum Wisdom, a Character may infect their Rental/Estate/Base with a Volacrum Crystal, which adds Void/Exist/Ordial corruption inside the area.
- With Volacrum Wisdom, a Character may apply Mutations of Void/Exist/Ordial, a willing or restrained target (consent is not required).
- With Volacrum Wisdom, a Character may infest a weapon of any type with a Volacrum Crystal to corrupt it with Void/Exist/Ordial essence and aesthetics.
- With Volacrum Wisdom, a Character may unveil a Saraphalo Crystal, brightly lighting up a room and removing any Mundane Darkness/making everything easy to see.
- With at least 4 Proficiency Points in Wisdom, this pack allows the user to erupt a Daggarite Crystal, guaranteeing their escape from the scene so long as combat or a chase wasn't initiated on them.
Soulrend Wisdom Pack
- With Soulrend Wisdom, a Character can transform into their Void or Exist Avatar, a highly mutated and changed version of themselves with Void or Exist Aesthetics.
- This Void or Exist Avatar may have additional (non functional) limbs or body parts, be quadruped, have a tail, have horns, have (non functional) wings, etc.
- This Void or Exist Avatar counts as a disguise, but those who know who the disguise belongs to can identify it, it may never change appearance over time.
- While the Soulrend Transformation is active, the user counts as Occult and will as such trigger Occult detection mechanisms, but not outside of Transformation.
- If the Character already has some form of Soul-Form Transformation (like Vampire Form, or Archon Form), This Pack does nothing until the user is Cured.