The Permission Registry exists to allow players to register for a special permission roleplay asset. Special permissions are special statuses, abilities, or positions that characters may have to enhance their roleplay and explore scenarios or concepts that would not be possible without. Contrary to other servers, we do not believe someone needs to be a celebrity to have a shot at these. This means anyone can apply for them. There are, however, a couple of requirements that should be taken into account:
Limitations on Registering
- Positive Attitude: In the community you must not be considered to be rude, offensive, or mean spirited as a person. Your communication and interaction with the wider player base must not be disrespectful, and should instead be positive.
- Approved Character Application: You must have an approved character application to register a character for a special permission. If you are writing a character specially for a special permission, simply write your application as if you already have the registered permission. The reviewing staff will review your character like normal and simply evaluate the fairness and quality of the character itself, as opposed to judging the special permission.
- Revocation: Your permission registration may be revoked by Roleplay Staff members for violating roleplay etiquette or server regulations. Once your permission has been revoked, you will be blacklisted from playing the permission you’re registered for, or registering a new permission until you have been pardoned by the staff. In order to appeal for a pardon, contact your nearest Lore or Roleplay Staff member with your appeal and they will discuss it internally. Various violations are listed below.
- Permission Restrictions: Each Permission has a different set of standards applied to it in regards to the quality of character and roleplay desired. Whilst none of these are spelled out explicitly, you should take the time to go through some self reflection over your actions and roleplay on the server before deciding to apply for a special permission.
Reasons for Revocations
- Misuse of the Permission: For example, if you register to be a Mage, and start abusing your permission by using it to hold a power over players, your permission has a chance to be revoked. All permissions have certain drawbacks, and they are made to be played out, not to be thrown into a backstory. Your permission may be revoked if you only pick out the fun and cool parts of a permission and avoid the negative ones. Remember, special permissions are intended to create character development and situations, not make your character cooler.
- Roleplay Etiquette Violations: For example, metagaming, powergaming or god roleplay will result in revocation of permissions. Special permissions are intended as examples for the community and certainly are higher profile than non special permission characters.
- Server Regulation Violation: Server regulation violation can result in permission removal in some rare cases. Sometimes violating server regulations results in a game punishment, but if it’s also seen as an attack on the serenity or server itself, we will no longer feel inclined to offer you special permissions.
Birdsfoot violet on 09/7/2020.|
» Read more