- 1 Responsibilities
- 2 Meetings
- 3 Recruitment
- 4 Projects
- 5 Members
The Game Department is responsible for in-game moderation, player support, and balancing gameplay mechanics.
- Answer help tickets using MassiveTickets.
- Answer questions in the help channel and assist players in-game.
- Enforce rules in-game, promoting healthy and friendly interactions within the Community.
- Create tutorials regarding gameplay and PvP.
- Assist the Tech Department in determining what plugins to develop/install.
- Playtest and balance gameplay mechanics and PvP features.
- Host unique server-wide, in-game events and minigames.
All-staff meetings occur every Sunday and typically last 1 hour. Every now and then, based on need, the game staff have extra meetings. These are used to discuss major changes, protocol updates and news. Occasionally there are full training sessions which occur during game staff meetings.
To apply for the Game Department you must post a staff application here: http://forums.massivecraft.com/forums/staff-applications.11/
When an application has been submitted, the game department leader will look over it and discuss it with the other game admins. Criteria they look for are:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Ability to participate on Teamspeak and Skype
- Help chat contributions
- Punishment history: Any previous offenses on the server
- General attitude towards other players
- General attitude towards staff members
- Ability to listen, learn and ask questions
- Application organization: How well the application itself is written
Once these things have been evaluated we will provide our feedback and response. We may immediately accept/reject the application or place it on pending status at this time. A pending status typically lasts 1-2 weeks and gives us additional time to analyze how an applicant responds to our feedback and applies it in-game. If you are approved, we will bring you onto the team as an official aspirant.
We are always looking for new members to the Game Department and we look forward to review every application we get. Do you think you have what it takes? Then send us an application!
The Game staff department is here to help, guide and entertain the community. Most points come from answering tickets, help chats, running events, training staff, and various other tasks as you move up the ranks.
MassiveTickets is the plugin the Game Staff use to help players http://www.massivecraft.com/massivetickets. You must have completed the rank 1 training course, ticket training and command training to do MassiveTickets. Remember to always act professionally and to keep the staff codex in mind.
- 1 point: For completing 5 MassiveTickets. Repeatable more than once a week.
Help Chat Support
Help chat is where many players go to get quick answers for their problems. Game Staff members help the player base through answering player questions in the help chat channel. Make sure your answer is correct. Ask a senior staff member if you are unsure. Additionally avoid long conversations which should be taken to private chat to reduce spam. As opposed to the MassiveTickets you don't need to have taken training to answer help chats. If a problem is too big for help chat or requires immediate staff assistance and attention the player should be encouraged to use the MassiveTicket system.
- 1 point: Answering 10 questions in the in-game help chat. Max of 1 point per week for ranking staff but unlimited for aspirants.
Ban appeals are handled by rank 3 game staff. These require experience, training and trust. Every week we get between 10-30 ban appeals. These have to be answered in a professional way and requires rank 3 overview. Lower ranked staff cannot see ban appeals. Only the Game staff leader can train/approve someone for ban appeal work.
Only available to Rank 3 game staff.
- 1 point: For every active hour spent handling ban appeals and delivering the final decision to the player.
Help Central is on the MassiveCraft forums and is where players ask for information and help regarding various issues. We encourage everyone who wants to apply for game staff as well as every existing game staff to answer these questions to the best of their abilities. Make sure your answer is correct. Ask a senior staff member if you are unsure.
- 1 point: For every 10 Help threads answered.
Player reports is when a player reports another player. This requires rank 2 game staff to handle. Rank 2 game staff must be approved and trained by rank 3 game staff to handle player reports. The staff member will review the report, investigate by the use of logs, screenshots and various other tools at their disposal. If there is uncertainty the staff member will consult with other staff members for their opinion before conveying the result of the investigation to the reporter and dealing with the offender if necessary.
Only Available to Rank 2 game staff with rank 3 approval/training.
- 1 point: For every active hour spent handling player reports.
War Declarations require training and is available from rank 1. There are several steps to war declarations:
- Initial review of both factions to make sure leaders are correct
- Review reason for war
- Review max tribute to make sure it is within the rules
- Convey if the war declaration is approved or rejected
- Declare a winner/loser or conclusion
Once someone is declared a winner in a war an item has to be made, this requires rank 3 and it is the responsibility of the staff member handling the war declaration to make sure the item is created and distributed by a rank 3.
- 1 point: For every hour spent reading the war declaration threads and approving/rejecting them.
Staff Rank Training
Staff rank training can be done by any game staff that has been approved by the game staff leader. Once the staff member is cleared they will be available for training sessions at their own discretion. Training includes but is not limited to: tickets, punishments, staff codex, war declarations, warfare rules, in-depth rules, hacked clients, chat infractions and more.
- 1 point: For every hour spent training staff.
Events are held at staff discretion, we have many events tailored for all ranks to host. You need training before you can host an event to insure maximum efficiency and quality. Some events such as PvE events require MassiveMobs and clearance before it is set up. Some of our events are:
- Pig Racing
- Keep Moving
- Hide and Seek
- Dancy Chairs
- PvE events (Must have MassiveMobs training)
- Seasonal events like Secret Santa
- 1 point: For 1 hour of set-up and hosting
- 1 point: For 1 hour of moderating
- 1 point: For 1 hour of event construction/building
- 1 point: For 1 detailed new event proposal discussed with the game department lead
Being a member of the Game Department can be great experience, but it can also be stressful. It's important for game staff members to be able to get along well, relax, and communicate outside of just handling rulebreak situations. For this reason, if a staff member wishes to host a team-building activity they can earn a project point for this.
- 1 point: For 1 hour of hosting a team-building activity (Only 1 person can earn a point no more than 1x per week)
Warzones can be applied for on the forum. Setting up a warzone requires training and patience to learn as it requires extra training. (Only available for rank 2 and above)
Only available after training by Gethelp.
- 1-3 points: Approval and creation of the warzone.
Stat transfers are only available to rank 3 game staff. This is due to the volatile nature of MCMMO and changing stats. If done incorrectly it can ruin the player's MCMMO stats. The basic premise is to change the stats of a player from 1 account to another at the cost of 2500 regals. This is an option for people who lose their accounts, get hacked, or simply want to change their main account.
Only available after training by Gethelp.
- 1-3 points: Approval and transfer of 1 Player's McMMO stats.
Email confirmations are only available to rank 3 game staff. Occasionally players are unable to make forums accounts and must request staff to make accounts for them. This can be due to a number of reasons such as: being banned, being unable to connect to the server, not receiving email confirmations, etc. In this case, a staff member must go into the forums panel and manually create an account.
Only available for rank 3 game staff after training.
- 1 point: For every active hour spent setting up forums accounts.
A full list of current active staff members can be found here: