|Vhaa’luk, Shard of the Black Sepulchre|
Vhaa’luk, Shard of the Black Sepulchre|
Children of Kruphos|
Basic Tier I|
Vhaa’luk, Shard of the Black Sepulchre is a much-whispered weapon hailing from the buried history of a middle-era Allorn Empire Bintaar cult, the Children of Kruphos. Created with a fragment of the mythical Black Sepulchre, the weapon was wielded briefly during the final Void Invasion that would seal the Empire’s fate before it was mostly lost to time until being uncovered by an archaeological expedition and quickly repossessed by the Aelriggan Order, who locked it away. The hammer has some reputation among those who have dug into the shattered history of the Ordial-aligned, though its significance varies from person to person.
Vhaa’luk’s origin is known only by the legend of its creation, passed between speakers and occasionally recorded in the form of a written myth. When the Old Allorn Empire still reigned strong and the Children of Kruphos operated within its shadows, they made their home in a lengthy stretch of catacombs underneath the capital city Ivaëlle. They closely guarded what was fabled to be the burial place of the greatest necromancer known to Aloria, Zenallăeia of Three Corpses. This was a monument known as the Black Sepulchre, a sealed tomb containing a massive sarcophagus made of a slick and unnaturally cold black stone that seemed to have no method of being opened whatsoever. The legend goes that one day, the tomb was found opened and the Sepulchre itself was somehow shattered into pieces. It was completely empty, and whatever might have laid within was nowhere to be found, leaving behind only the rubble of the sarcophagus. The largest and most intact of the pieces was taken by the Children and fashioned to be the head of a great maul, given unto the champion of the Children at the time and named Vhaa’luk.
Vhaa’luk is a large warhammer, able to be wielded in one or two hands. The weapon is composed mostly of two simple parts: a long, blacksteel spike and the massive chunk of slick black stone that it has been impaled through, forming the head and shaft of the maul. The spike has been wrapped with layers of smooth and softened gray leather to afford a better grip for the wielder, neatly divided by corded braids of the same treated hide. The head of the weapon itself is an uneven chunk of black stone that almost resembles obsidian, but has no reflective sheen and is a flat black matte color. Nonetheless, it has an oddly smooth texture to it, and is extremely cold to the touch. The surface of the stone has had a variety of Deathspeech ritual runes etched into it, composing the honorary names of each of Vhaa’luk’s past wielders when it was held by the Children of Kruphos. Wrapped around the middle of the chunk of stone are a set of Allorn-era gilded geometric chains that gently rattle when the weapon is used, symbolic of the ‘chains of Life’ that those who worship Death seek to cast away.
Artifact Abilities and Specials
Vhaa'luk is a Tier I Artifact, meaning it is one of the lower power Artifacts in the world.
||Grants the user Bone Spike
- Artifact Mindwall: The Artifact protects the wielder's mind from foreign influences. While carrying or wielding the Artifact, the user is immune to Control Powers or any other Ability or Mechanic that affects the mind of the user, change it, or subjects them to any form of foreign control or puppeteering.
- Artifact Durability: Artifacts are immune to Physical or Magical damage, meaning the item can never be destroyed, degraded, aged, de-aged, corroded, corrupted, or damaged and blunted. Greater entities such as deities however can damage Artifacts. Additionally, the user is also immune to any Abilities or Mechanics that would disarm them of their Artifact.
- Artifact Housebound: This Artifact requires the owner to have an Estate, Clandestine Base, or Rental Region that they designate as their home. Their 'home' becomes a valid Raid-target pursuant the same rules applying to the Magi-Vault, and a Raid can be initiated against their 'home' with the intention of stealing the Artifact.
- Vhaa'luk’s Trueheart: Vhaa'luk empowers the wielder, but only those Afflicted with an Ordial Affliction. While the Weapon and its normal Abilities can still be used by non-Ordial Afflicted, only those who are Ordial Afflicted will receive +2 Strength that can break the 7 Proficiency Point Limit, but does not grant additional Point Buy.
- Vhaa'luk’s Whispers: Vhaa'luk’s wielder is harrowed by the influences of the Sepulchre it was fashioned from, resulting in them sporadically hearing the whispers of the dead. The phantoms of deceased Kruphos cultists can sometimes visually manifest, haunting them and the room they are in.
- Vhaa'luk’s Blessings: While in possession of the Artifact, Vhaa'luk’s wielder may choose one Mystic Point Buy Pack for free, without the Point Buy cost associated. If the user already has all Mystic Point Buy Packs or cannot Point Buy Mystic Point Buy because they are unable, this Special grants them +1 Constitution that can break Constitution Proficiency Limit instead.
Birdsfoot violet on 10/30/2022.|
» Read more