Manifestation by any other Dragon Warden either in Roleplay, or in Backstory.|
Archon are an ancient clade of Primal Occult, serving Dragons in what they call the Immortal War, the eternal battle between the Arken and the Archvoid and Archexist on one side, and the Dragons and their sympathizers on the other. Archon served the rank and file under Primal Mages, Augurs and Dragon Blessed, however their hierarchy collapsed when the Dragons initiated the Denial of Immortality and disappeared from the world. In more recent years, pro-Dragon Organizations have revived the Archon, which are sometimes also called Dragon Wardens for those who worship the Dragons, and put them to use in combating the negative effects of the Void and Exist in the world again. Equally, old lineages of Archon who kept the practice alive in their families but hid themselves from the world are coming out of hiding, reconnecting with their ancient allies and reviving the Draconic forces. The Archon consider themselves a force for good in the world, aiding and healing those in need and cleansing and expelling those corrupting forces that threaten to harm others. Equally however, those who consider the Dragons their enemies or are apathetic to their cause consider the Archon self-righteous and suffering from savior-syndrome for a world that did not ask for their benevolent protection. Archon are rarely of the same mind and ideology on things, and as such, no Archon is alike another, each with a very unique interpretation on their duty to the Dragons and the world.
Playing an Archon in Regalia
Archon in Regalia are not formally recognized as lawfully good or blessed, even if they think themselves warriors for life and against Demons. Archon generally gravitate around the so called Primal Community which is a larger group of Dragon aligned individuals, some Dragon worshipers, but also Unionists and Estel Worshipers who all have their own reasons for working with or for the Dragons. In Regalia, each Archon is familiar with the Matron, who acts like a representative of the Dragons in Regalia, but don't necessarily need to serve her. Archon in general are expected to combat the other Afflictions and abusive Mages, but their ideologies and practices differ drastically. Some Archon are in favor of rehabilitation and co-existence, while some want to exterminate all Magical infection. It is important to note that even though an Archon is a Primal Occult, they are still identified as Occult. Any Detection Mechanisms for Void or Exist Occult also apply to Archon.
Most Archon would consider the term 'Infection' to be insulting for their Archon Status, however at the end of the day, Archon is still an Affliction, and their Soul does have to be infected with it for it to manifest. There are several ways to become an Archon, however it differs starkly from for example Vampirism, in that any and all of the manners in which a Character becomes or is an Archon, are entirely voluntary or with consent. There is no way to cure Archon status, or remove it. There are however rumors of Arken who have been able to corrupt Archon with the allure of Power, giving them an Arken Pact to abandon their Dragon allegience. The following recommended in-roleplay or backstory infections are available:
- The easiest way to become an Archon, is to have Archon infection manifested with the help of another Archon, or the Matron of the Dragon Temple. This process involves bringing the would be aspirant to the Dragon Temple, and then performing the connection ritual on them. Note, this ritual does not work if they are already Afflicted, and also cleanses them of any Void or Exist Essence that is still lingering in them, especially Magic Point Buy Abilities, which are no longer usable.
- Another way to become Archon, is to simply off-screen an infection manifestation from another Archon in the wider world. There are a total of five Matrons, one for each wind direction, and one central. The North Matron is in Ellador, the East Matron is in Farah'deen, the South Matron is in Hadar, the West Matron is in Guldar (though this Matron's Archon also roam in Daendroc or Ithania) and the Central Matron is always a played Character in Regalia (currently Cordenia Zylmoira). Each Matron also has Archon who roam around the world, so it is for example possible to have an infection manifested from an East Matron loyal Archon present in Dexai (Sihai lands) or even Essalonia.
- Another way to become an Archon by design, is to have it written into family history. Many of the Archon, when the Dragons disappeared, went into hiding, becoming hermits or just hiding from the world in small villages. Such Archon families kept their traditions alive by raising their children and then manifesting an Archon infestation when they became adults. This way a Player can play a person who grew up with Archon identity and ideology, and never met a Matron or Archon outside of their family.
- Dragons can also manifest an infection to Archon, however this is not available for backstories for Characters that aren't at least 330 years old. If your Character is older than 330 years, and you would like to backstory an Archon identity, please make a Roleplay Community Discord Ticket to discuss the circumstances. Be forewarned, there is no guarantee this request will be approved, because it depends on a lot of factors. It is also possible to have this done in Roleplay, but Dragons are hard to trust and even more difficult to bless a person directly, though anyone who should succeed is surely blessed by the Dragons directly.
Archon do not have any Abilities in their Base Kit. Instead, being an Archon allows a Character to Point-Buy Mythic Point Buy Abilities with Magic Proficiency Points. If a Character had any Proficiency Points invested in Magic Point Buy, these points are all refunded, and can be re-spent in Mythic Point Buy (These Packs are not refunded if they are made Primal by a Racial Ability or Special.) Any Points left or not spent on Mythic Point Buy over may be re-spent on other Proficiencies. If the Character did not have any Magic Point buy Packs Prior, they may re-shuffle their Proficiencies once, to add any Mythic Point Buy they desire.
- Draconic Attuned: Archon can see the Soul Rivers of the world, the white glowing streams of essence and energy that flow through the air in various directions, just like the Isldar can, though they cannot interact with it. Additionally, Archon are able to discern Dragon Magic and read its intentions and uses in areas. This may not be very relevant to Regalian Roleplay, but can be used in Progressions to investigate old Dragon Sites or locations, read their purpose and functions, see if they are still functioning, and find out what Dragon dealt with it. Most Dragon Cores outside of Regalia will also ignore other Races, bar from Archon.
- Dragon Speech: Archon are capable of speaking and understanding Dragon Speech or Wyrmtongue either when it is spoken by Dragons, or by others. Dragon Speech is a unique language because it cannot be learned the traditional way, only specific Races and Afflictions have access to it. Additionally, it is also a language that defies being written down or even being recorded, as the sound just becomes gibberish when any type of recording medium is used to try and replay it, even memory Abilities.
- Dragon Armor: Archon, when wearing Armor (or having Summoned Armor) can overlay ghostly colored aesthetics associated with their Patron Dragon_Worship#Dragon_Deities Throne. For example, an Archon who has Rhaakhr as patron can have sparks of electricity and purple scales cover their armor, and a projection of Rhaakhr's head covering their helmet. An Archon who has Saaima as patron can have white fog filling the inside of their armor and leaking out on the edges, as well as white scales and feathers covering the armor, and a set of Saaima's horns extending from their helmet. These aesthetics are fairly fre-form, but if you need inspiration, make a Roleplay Community Discord Ticket to ask.
- Draconic Manifestation: Archon have a couple of standard features about them that define their Affliction. Firstly, all Archon have purple irises. They can be any shade of purple, so long as they are purple, though they may also optionally have gray or black sclera. Additionally, Archon are immune to becoming Afflicted with any other Affliction, and cannot be infected with Void or Exist essence or use any Void or Exist based Abilities like Magic. They can wield Void or Exist Artifacts, and can still be affected by Abilities of these categories and Demons, they just cannot have infection reside in their soul or become possessed by a Demon.
- Draconic Form: All Archon have an alternate appearance called an Archon Form which is a Special Transformation that changes their appearance to such a degree it can also function as a disguise. Archon Forms can have a number of additional traits such as extra arms, eyes, horns, wings, tails, spikes, tendrils, appendages and more, but they should all be Draconic themed. It is important to remember however that an Archon Form is purely aesthetic when it comes to Combat Roleplay, so for example, extra arms cannot be used to wield extra weapons, though outside of Combat Roleplay they can be functional to perform non-hostile/competitive actions like pouring a drink or holding an item. Archon Forms have an additional set of rules that must be followed:
- Archon Forms may never imitate other Transformations of other Abilities or other Races. Additionally, some element of Draconic Themes must be prominent, but exactly where is up to the player.
- Players may design their own Archon Form, but the description must be placed on a Character Application under “Archon Form” somewhere in Abilities.
- Purple is not necessarily a dominant color. An Archon who has a different Dragon Patron may choose a different color like Red or White, but the eyes must always be Purple.
- The Player may decide that their Archon Form is unrecognizable from their normal appearance, or has the same face. It functioning as a disguise is optional.
- Archon Forms are permanent. They may never change in Roleplay. Players may change it to look different on their app, but this is always a retcon backwards.
- Archon were first seen active on the world stage serving Rikkira during the Dragon Crisis, attacking Regalian officials, later however it was made apparent these were maliciously mind-controlled, leading to the rumor that all Archon can be mind controlled by Dragons.
- Archon who die have their souls preserved at Dragon Temples and do not pass into the Soul Rivers or into Bintaar. There is no known way to actually resurrect them however, without the fickle intervention of Dragons.
- By far, the majority of the Archon in the world are from the Central Matron. The Central Matron is the most public of Matrons, all other Matrons keep to the shadows, and have ideologies and plans that may not necessarily connect with the pro co-existence ideology of the Central Matron.
Birdsfoot violet on 05/1/2022.|
» Read more