Engineering Point Buy
The Engineering Point buy is part of the bigger Proficiency System. Please read the Proficiency Page first before reading this one. The Engineering Point Buy provides Packs for the Character to become proficient in Engineering and Inventions. Each Pack has a number of Specials that confer roleplay advantages. Engineering Point Buy is a bit more unique than other Point Buys, because it has a couple of extra aesthetic flairs, and a bunch of additional rules to ensure fair play and more spreading of player occupations, instead of allowing one player to do everything.
- A Character must choose a single Engineering Branch (seen in Table below). They apply to all Packs and cannot be changed.
- Some Packs are limited to Race or Affliction or even Culture. Consult the descriptions for additional limitations on selecting Engineering Branches.
- Some Packs are forced for certain Afflictions. See Table below for rules on specific Branches.
- There may be some exceptions when it comes to Branch selection. Those rules will be clarified on their respective Page.
- All forms of Engineering mimic real flesh. These body parts can bleed (artificial fluid), break down, be crushed, feel warm to the touch, and send pain to the wielder.
Hover over an engineering branch's picture to read its lore. Some Branches are unique to specific Races/Cultures/Religions. Some Races have Specials that apply to Branches.
|Zisha Clay||Bidriq Tech||Dark Metal|
Engineered Automata Pack
Engineered Automata allows the user the Wisdom to produce Engineering Golems both small and large.
- The user may produce so called Micro-Golems. Micro-Golems are fist sized small automata that perform simple tasks like watering plants, ironing clothes or fetching items. They can follow the creator in Emote Range.
- The user may produce a Macro-Golem (like an OC within an OC), designing a remote controlled body for themselves. While using a Golem, the operator must be in their Rental Region / Regalian Business Region / Clandestine Base / Noble Estate.
Macro Golems have additional rules:
- Macro Golems are limited to 3 Strength and 3 Constitution Proficiency. They have no other Stats, and cannot use Abilities though can use Mundane Techniques that the owner has.
- Macro Golems do not count as a disguise. Character identity is always detectable no matter how different the macro Golem looks from its operator (for balance reasons).
- Macro Golems do not reserve Kill Perms and can be indiscriminately destroyed or rebuilt. A destroyed Macro Golem takes 72 hours to rebuild and be re-used.
- Where Common Sense and Logic is dictated, Macro Golems are immune to some Abilities and Specials. For example, Macro Golems do not have blood, so Vampires cannot feed on them.
- Macro Golems should have a roughly Humanoid upstanding appearance, but may have additional non-combat functional arms, legs, body parts, et cetera.
Engineered Biotics Pack
Engineered Biotics allows the user the Wisdom to produce Engineered Prosthetics to replace lost body parts. All Biotic types need monthly maintenance.
- The user may produce and install Biotics onto hosts that replace lost body parts as they were. These body parts have perfect function replacement and even allow Ability usage.
- The user may produce and install Addiotics, which are Biotics that add additional non-combat functional bodyparts, like a third arm on the shoulder to grab and hold things.
- The user may produce and install Morophiotics onto hosts that replace lost body parts with alternate non-combat functions, for example replacing a dog's lost hind legs with automata wheels.
Engineered Control Pack
Engineered Control allows the user the Wisdom to produce Control Circuits that can be applied to people or animals. Control Circuits can be removed by pulling them off.
- When applied to a person (only with their OOC consent), it grants the user complete mind-control over that person's actions through the Control Circuit.
- When applied to a Familiar or Domestic animal, it makes the animal follow the user and no longer obey the commands of their original owner.
- When applied to self, the user can upload part of a copy of their personality and install it into a service Familiar that hovers around them and can talk about ongoing events and topics.
Engineered Machina Pack
Engineered Machina allows the user to produce mechanical stationary machines with Engineering, like fridges, auto-looms and the like.
- This Pack allows the user to produce non-combat stationary machines like fans, fridges, auto-looms, space heaters, light fixtures etc.
- This Pack allows the user to produce a single Frequency Redstone Oscillator, which functions like a hand-held Radio. Only a single pair can be made, one kept by the maker, and one given to another person. These two Oscillators allow cross-city communication. Unlike telepathy however, the voice of the other person comes through crystal clear, and audible for all (it must be emoted by the receiver what the sender is saying, and it is not possible to mutter or whisper for the sender). Oscillators do not need to be retrieved before a new one can be handed out, but if a new pair is created, the previous pair is automatically rendered inert. After making a pair, this Special goes on a 1 week cooldown before a replacement paid can be made. Oscillators can also be stolen or destroyed.
Engineered Weapons Pack
Engineered Weapons allows the user to use technology to produce weapons or to fix them on the spot.
- This Pack is equivalent to a Mundane Technique Weapon Summon. The user has an extendable weapon stored away that can rapidly unfold into a full weapon.
- This Pack allows the user to undo weapon breakage or age-based rusting on the spot and in a matter of seconds (this does go on a 60 minute Cooldown when used).
- This Pack allows the user to summon a singular Melee or Ranged Weapon (Not Firearms) Point Buy weapon, that they cannot change the form of once summoned. Ammunition for Ranged Weapons is included.
Engineered Movement Pack
Engineered Movement allows the user to use technology to assist in movement and displacement.
- The user may aesthetically change their method of movement with tech. For example, instead of walking, they may hover above the ground with hover or jet-boots.
- The user may (out of combat or a chase) shoot a grappling hook up to a high surface and lift themselves and one additional passenger up to a higher ledge, or rappel down.
- The user may (out of combat or a chase) shoot a grappling hook level to cross a gap or ravine, to traverse it, including one additional passenger.
- The user may construct or self-use vehicles or methods that would mimic the function of a wheelchair, thus giving those with a walking disability movement.
Engineered Medica Pack
Engineered Medica allows the user to specifically build Medical machines that are excluded from the Machina Pack or Medical Wisdom.
- The user may construct complex medical machines such as dialysis machines to keep those with liver damage alive and successfully treat them. This cannot replace healing and should solely be used to allow for Characters with life-threatening medical conditions to exist in a medieval-like setting without dying. This Pack should often in fact be used in conjunction with Medical Wisdom, or to supplement medical Roleplay.
- The user is able to provide a wide range of medical tools to Medical Wisdom users, including a safe environment to perform surgery in. This involves non-combat provision of medical tools and surgery instruments in a supporting fashion, but if the user themselves also have the Medical Wisdom Packs, they may also use it to support their own triage.
- This Pack allows the user to construct an artificial external womb and genetic sampling system. This allows either couples who are incapable of reproducing, those who are incapable of carrying to term, or same-sex couples to produce genetic offspring of their own by sampling DNA and the machine using it to create an infant from that genetic data. Gestation periods remain the same and the artificial womb mimics all functions of a real one. This machine can also be used to save the prematurely born.
Engineered Familiar Pack
This Pack gives the user the means to build their own familiar pet out of Engineering components. Engineered Familiars can appear like any animal and even combination of animals, though can be no smaller than a candle-mouse, or larger than a domestic dog. Familiars can fetch items and carry things around, and even speak, with their own personality. The creator can define the personality, or make a copy of their own personality onto the familiar. The Familiar can however not leave Emote Distance of the user, and familiars cannot be sold or given to others. If the body of a Familiar is destroyed, the core soul programming and personality can always be salvaged, as can the familiar's memories. Engineered Familiars do not reserve Kill Perms and can be quickly destroyed with any steel weapon.
Engineered Hacking Pack
This Pack gives the user the means to hack other Engineered items, with differing functions depending on what type of thing it is used.
- If used on a Micro Golem, the Hack can cause the Micro Golem to go out of control and start behaving erratically, like a shoe-polish Golem smearing soot on windows instead.
- If used on a Macro Golem, the Hack will ping the location of the operator of the Golem to the awareness of the User, thus allowing them to track them down.
- If used on Addiotics, this Hack will disable that Addiotic. Biotics and Morphiotics are not Hackable, as they are function-rigged to the body of the user.
- If used on Control Circuitry, the Hacker is able to disable Control for just 10 seconds, before the control Circuit overrides again, blocking further Hacking.
- When used on Machina, it can cause these machines to go crazy, like a fridge might suddenly heat up food items inside, et cetera.
- When used on a Frequency Redstone Oscillator, the device can be spoofed to produce a specific noise against the will of the owner of the device.
- Movement, Weapons, and Medica items cannot be Hacked, as this is considered sabotage of a Character's core design or functions.
- When 5 or more Engineers are present, they can hack into a Primal Soulcore at Dragon Sites. The Sites that can be hacked, and their functions are described below. each Hacking attempt must be planned with Lore Staff in the Roleplay Community Discord, and after a particular site was Hacked, it cannot be Hacked again for 2 weeks, though Hackers may go after multiple sites as much as they like.
- The Codex (held by the Conduit) can be hacked, allowing the Hackers to ask 3 questions of information contained inside.
- The Orrorey can be hacked, allowing the Hackers to track a specific person, object or place, giving them exact locations and descriptions.
- The Gardener can be hacked, allowing it to Race-Change a single person to a chosen Race (does not count as a disguise), and this change is permanent.
- Any of the above sites can be hacked outside of expected function. That is to say, they can also be hacked just to talk to them, but that won't guarantee a positive or valuable response.
Engineering Chassis Pack
This Pack gives the user the means to replace whole bodily functions on themselves that remove basic biological needs and mechanics. It differs from Biotica and Medica in that those support and replace existing functions, while Chassis completely renders them redundant. Engineering Chassis is a very culturally controversial topic. Practically every Race has some sort of cultural stigma against the idea of removing for example a person's organs and making them no longer having to eat, and blurring the line between machine and person. It is however one of the most prized activities of the Cratos Machina, the worshipers of The Machinist Ordial Entity. This Pack is accessible to all Engineering Branches, but is rarely practiced outside of the use of Necrotech. This Pack has the following effects:
- The user may remove entire bodily functions from themselves such as digestion, oxygenation, the need for sleep and a circulatory system by replacing them with machine parts.
- This is purely aesthetic, and does not make them immune to gasses, vapors, or suffocation, poisons, or illnesses, nor does it grant Combat advantages or immunity to any Abilities.
- It can however make the user no longer need sleep, food or drink, never grow tired, and be able to change the sound of their voice, though the latter cannot be used to disguise the user.
- The user also gains micro machines in their blood that is able to assimilate any metal (including Micro Golems and non-player Machines but not Leytech) into their preferred Engineering Branch metals.
- The user may also use these micro machines to print small components, Micro Golems of their own making, or small functional tools like a hammer, scissors, or flashlight from their blood.
- The user can stop aging themselves, and essentially become hundreds of years old so long as they are able to fuel their Engineering habits and machine parts that keep them alive.