The MassiveCraft World Staff has a large amount of responsibilities on the server, ranging from creating worlds, to filling them with builds, as well as maintaining the worlds and restoring them where necessary. The World Department comes closest to Minecraft as a base game play department, it thrives off the creativity of it's members to make unique builds that enhance the experience of roleplayers or survival players in every world or area. Simple things such as flower arrangements, or larger builds like palaces and whole continents are made by the World Staff. The World Staff has it's own Field world for build construction, as well as a storage world where builds are stored.
World Staff maintains two separate forms of recruitment. The first and foremost recruitment method is Staff Applications on the Forum. When applying for World Staff, a Portfolio is always required. The portfolio should show the height of the applicant's building capabilities, with regards to block arrangement, color usage, contrast power and overall building quality.
Another method of recruitment is indirect talent scouting. World Officers or Leaders may approach players who they feel are very talented at building, and ask them if they have interest in joining the server Staff for world construction.
Good ways to position yourself well for either method, is to post regularly on your builds on the forum, or approach Leaders or Officers directly and ask them what they think of your builds. The Leader in particular is often the person who judges the build quality of others, and as such is a good person to approach when interested in joining the world staff.
Large builds often are large projects, such as large battleships, palaces, noble residences, or city walls etc. These projects are best done between 2 to 4 people. A project of this size should always be pre-approved by the Leader of the department. Adequate and frequent feedback on progress should also be requested from the contracted of the build.
- 4 points: Finish a large build. These 4 points are a standard, added by another point per hour extra spent. Increased quality of the build will multiply the value of the points, whereas decreased quality can lead to a decrease.
Small builds are small side projects, such as individual small buildings, houses, trees etc. These projects are best done between 1 to 2 people. This project only needs pre and post approval.
- 2 points: Finish a small build. These 2 points are a standard, added by another point per hour extra spent. Increased quality of the build will multiply the value of the points, whereas decreased quality can lead to a decrease.
Group projects are often massive builds that would take more than a week to complete. A good example of a large group project would be the Kade Chancellery, or the Regalian Cathedral. A project of this size should always be pre-approved by the Leader of the department. Adequate and frequent feedback on progress should also be requested from the contracted of the build. Group Projects always have a single leader that is in charge of getting the work organized and done. A suggested group of 4 to 6 support builders is recommended.
- 10 points: Finish the Group Project. These 10 points are a standard, added by another point per hour extra spent. Increased quality of the build will multiply the value of the points, whereas decreased quality can lead to a decrease.
- 2 points: For leading a Group Project.
World creation involves the creation of survival or world needed for quest islands etc. The size of the world and the amount of hours spent on the build vary greatly.
- 20 points: Standard reward for a world creation.
- 1 points: For every 1 hours spent on the map creation.
Land restoration involves using the /restore on a region to restore it to snapshot settings. Prior work to investigate whether the area was in use is included in this project, and is mandatory.
- 1 points: Per region area restored. Region area restored is understood as an area roughly 100x100 blocks. Research whether the area was in use, is included in this. Points will be undone if it is later discovered a player's items were deleted, or their house restored and the player files a complaint for a refund.
City planning involves street layout planning and road mapping for world capitals.
- 2 points: For every hour spent on road mapping.
Prefab Pack Construction
Prefab Pack Construction means building a pack of at least 10 houses of which 2 houses are at least corner houses, that can be used to create a road with housing connected to one another seamlessly. The houses should all have 8 dimension export points, and share a seamless wall on both sides that will not conflict with other housing when pasted next to each other.
- 2 points: For the prefab shell, an empty set of walls that will be used as a base for all the prefab housing.
- 5 points: For the completed prefab pack, added by another point per hour extra spent. Increased quality of the build will multiply the value of the points, whereas decreased quality can lead to a decrease.
- 1 points: For creating the export points and putting the housing on a world editable prefab palette for convenient use by City planners.
Members (Active Members):
Indirect Members (Support and co-operate with the World department):
World Restoration Agents: