|(143 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
any [] the Dragons the , the Dragons of the world. , have the , and to and the world . , Archon in of their . Archon , to those who are , , , to the Dragons.
|image = Deldragon.png
|races = Various
|contraction = Manifestation by any other Dragon Warden either in Roleplay, or in Backstory.
|mortality = N/A
|origins = [[ Dragons]]
Archon are an ancient clade of Primal Occult, serving Dragons in what they call the Immortal War, the eternal battle between the Arken and the Archvoid and Archexist on one side, and the Dragons and their sympathizers on the other. Archon served the rank and file under Primal Mages, Augurs and Dragon Blessed, however their hierarchy collapsed when the Dragons initiated the Denial of Immortality and disappeared from the world. In more recent years, pro-Dragon Organizations have revived the Archon, which are sometimes also called Dragon Wardens for those who worship the Dragons, and put them to use in combating the negative effects of the Void and Exist in the world again. Equally, old lineages of Archon who kept the practice alive in their families but hid themselves from the world are coming out of hiding, reconnecting with their ancient allies and reviving the Draconic forces. The Archon consider themselves a force for good in the world, aiding and healing those in need and cleansing and expelling those corrupting forces that threaten to harm others. Equally however, those who consider the Dragons their enemies or are apathetic to their cause consider the Archon self-righteous and suffering from savior-syndrome for a world that did not ask for their benevolent protection. Archon are rarely of the same mind and ideology on things, and as such, no Archon is alike another, each with a very unique interpretation on their duty to the Dragons and the world.
===Playing an Archon in Regalia===
Archon Archon in , and . the a , , and their own or the Dragons . , Archon with the , the in , Archon are the , their . Some are and , while that Archon , as .
Regalia are not formally recognized as lawfully good or blessed, even if they think themselves warriors for life and against Demons. Archon generally gravitate around the so called Primal Community which is a larger group of Dragon aligned individuals, some Dragon worshipers, but also Unionists and Estel Worshipers who all have their own reasons for working with or for the Dragons. In Regalia, each Archon is familiar with the Matron, who acts like a representative of the Dragons in Regalia, but don't necessarily need to serve her. Archon in general are expected to combat the other Afflictions and abusive Mages, but their ideologies and practices differ drastically. Some Archon are in favor of rehabilitation and co-existence, while some want to exterminate all Magical infection. It is important to note that even though an Archon is a Primal Occult, they are still identified as Occult. Any Detection Mechanisms for Void or Exist Occult also apply to Archon.
Most Archon would consider the term 'Infection' to be insulting for their Archon Status, however at the end of the day, Archon is still an Affliction, and their Soul does have to be infected with it for it to manifest. There are several ways to become an Archon, however it differs starkly from for example Vampirism, in that any and all of the manners in which a Character becomes or is an Archon, are entirely voluntary or with consent. There is no way to cure Archon status, or remove it. There are however rumors of Arken who have been able to corrupt Archon with the allure of Power, giving them an Arken Pact to abandon their Dragon allegience. The following recommended in-roleplay or backstory infections are available:
Archonto , and to in and . or Archon are , is of Archon [] to in a of . Archon is also the world, it is , of a of and there is a lot of . It is possible to , are to .
* The easiest way to become an Archon, is to have Archon infection manifested with the help of another Archon , or the Matron of the Dragon Temple. This process involves bringing the would be aspirant to the Dragon Temple, and then performing the connection ritual on them. Note, this ritual does not work if they are already Afflicted, and also cleanses them of any Void or Exist Essence that is still lingering in them, especially [[ Magic Point Buy]] Abilities, which are no longer usable.
* Another way to become Archon, is to simply off-screen an infection manifestation from another Archon in the wider world. There are a total of five Matrons, one for each wind direction, and one central. The North Matron is in Ellador, the East Matron is in Farah'deen, the South Matron is in Hadar, the West Matron is in Guldar (though this Matron's Archon also roam in Daendroc or Ithania) and the Central Matron is always a played Character in Regalia (currently Cordenia Zylmoira). Each Matron also has Archon who roam around the world, so it is for example possible to have an infection manifested from an East Matron loyal Archon present in Dexai (Sihai lands) or even Essalonia.
* Another way to become an Arch by design, is to have it written into family history. Many of the Archon, when the Dragons disappeared, went into hiding, becoming hermits or just hiding from the world in small villages. Such Archon families kept their traditions alive by raising their children and then manifesting an Archon infestation when they became adults. This way a Player can play a person who grew up with Archon identity and ideology, and never met a Matron or Archon outside of their family.
* Dragons can also manifest an infection to Archon, however this is not available for backstories for Characters that aren't at least 330 years old. If your Character is older than 330 years, and you would like to backstory an Archon identity, please make a Roleplay Community Discord Ticket to discuss the circumstances. Be forewarned, there is no guarantee this request will be approved, because it depends on a lot of factors. It is also possible to have this done in Roleplay, but Dragons are hard to trust and even more difficult to bless a person directly, though anyone who should succeed is surely blessed by the Dragons directly.
do not have any Abilities in their Base Kit. Instead, being an Archon allows a Character to Point -Buy [[ Mythic Point Buy]] Abilities with Magic [[ Proficiency]] Points. If a Character had any Magic Proficiency Points invested in [[Magic Point Buy ]], these points are all refunded , and can be re-spent in Mythic Point Buy. Any Points left or not spent on Mythic Point Buy over may be re-spent on other Proficiencies.
Draconic Attuned:''' Archon can see the Soul Rivers of the world, the white glowing streams of essence and energy that flow through the air in various directions, just like the Isldar can, though they cannot interact with it. Additionally, Archon are able to discern Dragon Magic and read its intentions and uses in areas. This may not be very relevant to Regalian Roleplay, but can be used in Progressions to investigate old Dragon Sites or locations, read their purpose and functions, see if they are still functioning, and find out what Dragon dealt with it. Most Dragon Cores outside of Regalia will also ignore other Races, bar from Archon.
Dragon Speech:''' Archon are capable of speaking and understanding Dragon Speech or Wyrmtongue either when it is spoken by Dragons, or by others. Dragon Speech is a unique language because it cannot be learned the traditional way, only specific Races and Afflictions have access to it. Additionally, it is also a language that defies being written down or even being recorded, as the sound just becomes gibberish when any type of recording medium is used to try and replay it, even memory [[ Abilities]].
any in .
Dragon Armor:''' Archon , when wearing Armor ( or having Summoned Armor) can overlay ghostly colored aesthetics associated with their Patron [[ Dragon_Worship#Dragon_Deities Throne]]. For example, an Archon who has Rhaakhr as patron can have sparks of electricity and purple scales cover their armor, and a projection of Rhaakhr' s head covering their helmet. An Archon who has Saaima as patron can have white fog filling the inside of their armor and leaking out on the edges, as well as white scales and feathers covering the armor, and a set of Saaima's horns extending from their helmet. These aesthetics are fairly fre-form, but if you need inspiration, make a Roleplay Community Discord Ticket to ask.
Archon Point Buy [[Point Buy]] [] .
Draconic Manifestation:''' Archon have a couple of standard features about them that define their Affliction. Firstly, all Archon have purple irises. They can be any shade of purple, so long as they are purple, though they may also optionally have gray or black sclera. Additionally, Archon are immune to becoming Afflicted with any other Affliction, and cannot be infected with Void or Exist essence or use any Void or Exist based Abilities like Magic. They can wield Void or Exist Artifacts, and can still be affected by Abilities of these categories and Demons, they just cannot have infection reside in their soul or become possessed by a Demon.
a Character Magic
Magic Point Buy are refunded and can be re-spent
. Any Point Buy be re-spent.
* ''':''' Archon can see of
of and the
in , the , they . , Archon are to
and and . to , to investigate Sites, their , they , and .
Dragon , .
* ''':''' Archon are
of and Dragons , . cannot the , and have . , also, as the ,
* ''':''' Archon ()
. , as have of and , and a
' their . can
the , and the , a of 's from their . are , but , a .
* ''':''' of them their .
, . They can
be of , , also
. Additionally, Archon
are to , and use Magic . can
or , can be
of and their .
Archon were first seen active on the world stage serving Rikkira during the [[Dragon Crisis]], attacking Regalian officials, later however it was made apparent these were maliciously mind-controlled, leading to the rumor that all Archon can be mind controlled by Dragons.
* was .
*Archon who die have their souls preserved at Dragon Temples and do not pass into the Soul Rivers or into Bintaar. There is no known way to actually resurrect them however, without the fickle intervention of Dragons.
*By far, the majority of the Archon in the world are from the Central Matron. The Central Matron is the most public of Matrons, all other Matrons keep to the shadows, and have ideologies and plans that may not necessarily connect with the pro co-existence ideology of the Central Matron.
|Writers = MonMarty
|Writers = MonMarty
Afflictions]] [[category:Draconic Afflictions]]
Archon is an Alorian based Affinity that recruits mortals of any Race to become frontline soldiers for the Dragons within the Draconism Religion, fighting against what the Dragons see as Corruption of the world. For every civilization since the dawn of time, Races have contributed their mortals to the Immortal War, and countless Archon have laid down their lives to try and save the world from ultimate Magical destruction. Eventually the Immortal War came to an end, leaving the Archon aimless and in control of their own Fate. While Archon are an Affinity, it considered almost universally beneficial to those who are it, even if signs them up, potentially against their will, to be recruited into the war of Dragons.
Archon have existed since the dawn of time, or for as long as historical records go back. The earliest proven Archon were Meraic warriors empowered by Dragon Magic to fight the Demon horde as it was already invading their Empire, and since their fall, Archon have existed in the Allorn Empire's greatness days, and the rise of the Regalian Empire. When Dragons committed the Denial of Immortality and ended the Immortal War in a draw, the Archon all collectively suddenly lost their purpose. The Dragons died or disappeared in the century leading up to Cataclysm, and without any leaders to call out orders or send them to die on the front lines, the Archon were mostly left to their own devices. Some Archon forgot their historical purpose or actively rebelled against the Dragons that had left them. When the Dragons returned 300 years later, many Archon refused to return to the fold with the Dragons, while some cautiously rejoined the faithful in resurrecting the Draconism faith. To this day, Archon are seen as Draconic warriors and protectors of the world, though their method of protection is often very questionable. Some are apathetic and do not contribute to positive developments, while others engage in excessive violence and extrajudicial killing that leaves the Archon sometimes perceived with suspicion, as an unaccountable cult of know-it-all's.
Why play an Archon
Archon, similarly to Knights, are a quick and easy way to get involved in pre-existing groups and activities. It guarantees Roleplay (whether for good or bad) because opinions on Archon are very polarized, and there is always some kind of somewhat active group of Archon around Draconism worship that tries to get involved in a lot of things in Regalia. Archon is also the closest proximity to something like spiritual world-defenders, though it should be noted that this is not their exact role, many of them do a lot of questionable things and generally there is a lot of flexibility in how to play an Archon. It is even possible to play an Archon who rejects Draconism and works with non-Dragon forces, though there are some design limitations to Archon.
Becoming an Archon
To become Archon, one either has to be born one from an Archon Parent or be converted to one. Any Archon can convert any willing person to an Archon of their chosen Lineage at the Dragon Temple, though it's always fun to include any Draconism faith priests in case they are around. Dragons can also directly make people Archon if they are summoned with Divinium, and some Mechanics in Heritage Traits might cause a Character to become an Archon. It is important to note that as an Affinity, being an Archon is not curable. It is a permanent condition and prevents the Archon from becoming Afflicted or having another Affinity, though they can become Marken. Finally, Mages can also be cleansed into Archon. All Archon have purple irises, though the exact shade can range from light lavender to darker royal purple. They may also opt for additional Draconic aesthetics (scales, black sclera, claws, dragon tail, etc.). Finally, even if Archon Lineages seem hard coded to specific Dragons, they are not. Hunters can belong to Regulus, and Phantoms can belong to Severena, what matters is the context of how those powers are used.
All Archon regardless of Lineage have a set of Mechanics. Mechanics change the way an Affinity functions in Roleplay through subtle, and usually out-of-combat ways. In essence, Mechanics just add aesthetic flair that invest in the Dragon Niche.
- Mechanic 1: Archon can manifest Wings (of any design: Fairy, Draconic, or Mechanical), which while not in Combat, allow (Elytra) flight (including the use of Rockets). Combat or Ability usage immediately disables flight.
- Mechanic 2: Archon can Point Buy Enchant Point Buy and Radiant Point Buy Packs, re-classifying their Abilities to Dragon Magic. They cannot Point Buy Sinistral Point Buy.
- Mechanic 3: Archon can perform a Cleansing Ritual on a (willing) Character with Magic Point Buy (Sinistral/Radiant/Enchant) that cannot become an Archon. Any Sinistral/Radiant/Enchant packs are refunded and can be re-spent.
- Mechanic 4: Archon can perform a Cleansing Ritual that cleanses a (willing) Exist/Void/Ordial Mage of their Magic and makes them an Archon. Any Sinistral/Theurgy Point Buy Packs are refunded and can be re-spent.
- Mechanic 5: Archon can perform a Cleansing Ritual that cleanses a (willing) Exist/Void/Ordial Spirit of their Alignment and makes them a Primal Revenant. Any Sinistral/Theurgy Point Buy Packs are refunded and can be re-spent.
- Mechanic 6: Archon can perform a Cleansing Ritual that cleanses a (willing) Undead, to either pass onto the Afterlife, or become a Primal Revenant. Any Sinistral/Theurgy Point Buy Packs are refunded and can be re-spent.
- Mechanic 7: Archon can see backwards in time (coordinate with other players to tell their past) or see glimpses of possible futures in multi-time thread theory (just make them up, there are thousands of possible futures).
- Mechanic 8: Archon can live much longer than non-Archon, empowered by Dragon Magic, meaning they can live three times as long as their maximum. (Making an Archon 300+ years old may require ticket consultation).
- Mechanic 9: Archon who convince a non-Archon to be cleansed of their infected Magic (Ordial, Void, Exist), and convert to Archon, gain 1 tradeable Dragonspark when they succeed in convincing the convert to cleanse.
Archon exist in four distinct Lineages (though special Lineages may exist for Custom Kits). All Archon serve a specific function in the Immortal War, and even though the Immortal War had passed, they continue to pass their Archonism down from generation to generation. All Children born from an Archon are also Archon (and if both parents are Archon, one random Lineage is chosen). It is possible to swap Lineage, but this costs 1 Divinium at the Dragon Temple unless a specific Mechanic allows this to be done for free. Each Lineage of Archon also has two specific Mechanics that apply only to their Lineage, that are supplemental to the common Mechanic list for all Archon.
Wardens are protectors and healers and scholars, not necessarily front-line soldiers. Wardens were historically sent by the Dragons to heal places where corruption had left the people in misery and damaged the world, or to investigate matters they could not see to themselves. Wardens primarily also act as protectors and administrators or support of the Draconism Holy Sites, a very last line of defense against the Infection from damaging the heart of the Draconic Cause. Wardens were popular among the followers of Regulus, Severena, and Aurora, but have become more wide spread over time as their support became appreciated by the frontliners. Wardens are particular popular in Anglia in the Regalian Archipelago, where they have banded together and called themselves Gray Witches or Anglian Witches, using herbs and tinctures to heal the people of ailments and generally warding off evil in the swamplands.
- Warden Mechanic: Warden Archon gain Chem Talent from Chem Point Buy and Radiant Magical Talent from Radiant Point Buy classified Dragon Magic for free, even if they do not Point buy any Packs.
- Warden Mechanic: Warden Archon gain +1 Main Defense Stat (breaks Cap up to 11) while they are in Gloomrot Forest, and gain Medical Talent from Medical Point Buy while they remain in its boundaries.
Aegis are the frontline warriors and shield-wall of the Draconic Forces, the bulk of the army of the Dragons, and the most numerous of the Archon. They are sent in large numbers to fight smaller Demons that Dragons would sneer to face, so that they can fight bigger entities and Gods. Aegis also function as the peacetime protectors of those Wardens who cannot fight themselves, such as the Draconic Scholars and Healers. Aegis are far from dispensable soldiers, and have historically had especially good relations with the Dragons Marik and Caius, the former commander among them and the latter general. Though, over time, as priorities shifted, Aegis Archon showed up in other Dragon Domains also. Aegis are particularly popular among the Songaskian, called the Siiri Bulwark, who also act as foot soldiers in the Songaskian Masaya's army, commanded by Dragon Priests.
- Aegis Mechanic: Aegis Archon gain a Draconic Transformation styled like Sofawaati Form, the Aesthetics of which they can style after a Dragon of their choice. Counts as a Disguise.
- Aegis Mechanic: Aegis Archon gain +1 Main Defense Stat (breaks Cap up to 11) while they are specifically standing in front and within 5 Blocks of a Warden Archon Ally in the same fight.
Hunters are the lone wolves or shock-troopers of the Draconic Forces, specifically tracking and hunting down notable Occult as specialized warriors. Hunters are sent out in small numbers to make use of hit and run tactics, as well as their ferocity to quickly overwhelm enemies before they even realize they are under attack. Hunters rarely act defensively on the home front, content to spend their entire time on the front lines of the Immortal War and the Draconic goals. Hunters have historically been especially favored by Caius, as they are capable of sharing his bouts of rage and combat ferocity when forced to fight alone against a tide of darkness. Hunters are particularly popular among the Maquixtl, called the Red Hunters, who invoke the elements of the Fire Dragon and manifest Draconic aesthetics like red scale, red skin, a draconic tail, draconic horns, claws, and fire resistance.
- Hunter Mechanic: Hunters align their themes to their Dragon, Regulus Hunters use lightning, and Caius Hunters use fire and magma in their attacks, even if they are not Mages. They can also bend these elements.
- Hunter Mechanic: Hunters gain +1 Main Attack Stat (breaks Cap up to 11) while they are inside Crookback City District, and become Primal Revenants if killed, revivable for 1 Divinium at the Dragon Temple.
Phantoms are the saboteurs, assassins, rogues and cutthroats of the Draconic Forces, specifically used to get dirty work done that other Archon balk at, or get their morals in a twist about. Phantoms were not historically part of the Immortal War, rather they came about through Triton and Nox's impatience with the other Dragons' slowness to act, and indecision when it came to more pivotal moments in history. The Phantoms often consider themselves separate from the other Lineages, and rage against their centrism or apathy. It should come as no surprise that Phantoms are traditionally favored to Triton, but have become more widespread, some even in nominally peaceful Severena Domain, as locals turn to more radical solutions. Phantoms are particularly popular among the Drakon Cult Kathar, called Darkscales, who blend Vampiric culture with Archon Culture to produce a potent mixture in any fight.
- Phantom Mechanic: Phantoms can Thrall (consenting) Afflicted, making them Legal in the eyes of Regalia, hiding their Affliction Traits, Disabling their Feeding, and forcing them to fight their own Kind. 2 Max.
- Phantom Mechanic: Phantoms when rolling for Persuasion Rolls, roll for 3 + Wisdom + Faith (or replace one of these with Dexterity) up to 14. They can also use Vampiric Form as described on the Vampire Page.
Envoy go in a completely different direction from the more combat-oriented Archon lineages existing elsewhere, focusing instead on the recruitment of allies from outside the Draconism and Draconic fold. Envoys seek to maintain relations with non-Dragon aligned and those who reject or don't believe in the actual mission of the Draconic Immortal War, to aid in their work regardless of this apathy. Envoys came about through Severena and Aurora's foresight, that those who worshiped the Dragons as Gods would not be sufficient to stem the tide of the Demonic and the infection in the world. Envoys tend to be more cooperative and compromising both within the Dragon Cult, seeking to get the Archon to work better together (especially the lone wolves like the Hunters and Phantoms), while also recruiting outsiders and making them feel at home in the cause, and including them in Draconism meetings.
- Envoy Mechanic: Envoy Archon can duplicate Archon Mechanic 1, and 7 onto any non-Archon Ally that is with them in an active scene. Additionally, they extend Mechanic 8 onto their non-Archon Family and Significant Others.
- Envoy Mechanic: Envoy Archon can break the limitations on Guilds in terms of membership, being able to become a member of 2 instead of 1 Guilds, but can only choose one set of Mechanics from either Guild.
Artisan are similar to the Envoys, in that they fulfill a role somewhere in between being soldiers of the Immortal War, and more like supporting forces. The Leystone Network is vast, spanning the globe, and constantly under attack from small little incursions. Artisans both mend and strengthen the Leystone network from attacks, and use Leystone and Draconic Magic to fuel Technology and creations to aid in the Immortal War. The best way to regard the Artisan Archon, is as Engineer Archon, a function dreamed up by Daiana and Regulus to help with the ever increasing threats to the network upon which Dragon Sites are dependent. Artisan Archon are valued both within the Dragon Cult and outside, given that their unrivaled knowledge of Dragon Sites makes them one of the few venues through which Soul Cores can be used to the benefit of mortals, otherwise only available at the behest of the Dragons.
- Artisan Mechanic: Artisan Archon generate 1 Dragonspark each month (which does not stack or pass over), which can be used to activate a Dragon Site for single-use of their function. This can also be given to others.
- Artisan Mechanic: Artisan Archon gain the Leytech Branch of Technology for free without any Point investment in Tech Point Buy, and this also does not count towards their max 2 Tech Branches chosen.
- There was once Trivia here.
MonMarty on 12/1/2023.|
» Read more