The Drachenwald Nuttree is a tree not only known for its golden bark in the spring and summer months but also for the highly sought after Drachenwald Nutteggs that grow from its branches. A delicacy for years and primarily enjoyed by the upper class; the Drachenwald Crisis
severely damaged the existing population of Nuttrees. In the years since, the plant has slowly been recovering but remains rare despite the protections it is now given by those who deal its rare nuts across the world.
The Loongliu is a unique plant said to be the result of knowledge shared with the Sihai
people from the Loong Dragons
. These trees, once confined to the terrain around the mountain temples, were later transplanted successfully by the scholarly and studious members of Sihai society and can now be found in gardens all across The Far East
. As a short species of willow, the Loongliu can still reach impressive sizes and serves as a reminder of the bond between the Sihai and their Loong guardians. The tree can also provide wood and is often used in special walking sticks and canes for the elderly or disabled members of Sihai society.
Banasque Trees are exotic fruit-bearing plants of unknown origin which have since spread across Aloria
to areas of Westwynd
and beyond. The plant’s fruits are known as Sunspears, Banasques, and several other terms native to the region they exist in. Growing in bunches, and often bright yellow in coloration, they are commonly used in unique dishes both by the regions they come from but also in the Regalian Archipelago
. The most notable region to produce them is the Silerian Chain, and as importing them is a lucrative trade, the local Ailor
have grown prosperous off of harvesting the bunches.
Wyld Wood is an arcane enigma that prompts caution from even the Kathar
of the Dread Empire
, as the vast Warpwood Forests are notorious for swallowing up anyone foolish enough to enter. As the result of centuries of magical corruption and Void
Storms, Wyld Wood has a reputation for being both whimsical and uncanny to behold, its forests not necessarily evil but certainly unpredictable, becoming a twisted home for some among the Kathar. Fascination and fear spread of this tree among both the Kathar and Altalar
, with only the more eccentric collectors willing to risk themselves to acquire this magnificent tree.
The Brass-heart Tree was once a symbol of paganism reviled by the Unionist Regalian Empire
but celebrated among the faith of Fornoss
as a part of an ancient myth. However, with the rise of the cult of God Empress Elia
, the beliefs in the Tree changed drastically. The Unionist faithful instead connected it to her nickname, the Brass-Fist, eliminating its Fornoss derived names, and it became commonly used in the worship of the Unionist deity. While some of the Fornoss faith still keep to their old ways, ignoring the Unionist co-opting of one of their sacred plants, many others have largely ceased their religious attachment to the Tree.
Flori’nelaya are flexible trees of uncertain origins mostly associated with the Yanar
. Named for one of their most ancient and respected members, Florianna, this species of tree is best known for its highly flexible shape, which serves it well in decoration and artistic purposes. This means that poles and similar formations of the material are also easy to produce for Yanar, but fortunately for the armies of the world as well as guard forces, the wood of the tree is light, and easily broken under constant stress. However, because of the tree’s reddish-brown grain which is smattered with speckles, most stick to artistic and decorative uses for the plant’s wood, alongside the creation of furniture.
The Singing Syprelle is a uniquely colored tree with a strange ability to sing. While neither a clear voice nor even a musical instrument is heard, the melodious melody this plant produces as the wind runs through it is known across Aloria
. The effect carries into the lumber of this tree, with furniture, statues, and more carved of the material singing when the breeze strikes them. For this reason, they are often pieces of the wealthy, used to accentuate a home or estate with melodies otherwise made with effort.
The Kashan Dimi is a unique tree from Farahdeen
, either as old as the Sariyd Empire
, or, if the Songaskia
are to be believed, born from the spilled blood of one of their Dragon
parents as a result of the Red Hunt which took place centuries ago. Possessing a rich, deep red sap and a curious umbra-like shape to its crown due to a dense network of clustered branches, the Kashan Dimi is greatly appreciated by the Songaskia and disliked in equal strength by the Qadir
The Geolutreo is a tree well known Aloria
-wide as a tree supposedly made of solid Gold
, though many know this rumour is false and is merely born from countless ancient myths about its supposed creation. While it’s a dull golden color that only glitters when wet or misty, the Geolutreo is also known for its strange ability to alter the breezes that pass through it, making them smell sweet and feel warm. As a result, it has been widely used both in art and practical objects by Ailor
The Lightmare Ash is a recently birthed tree, likely created in the same blast of unknown but powerful Magic
that birthed the Isldar
and froze much of The North Belt
. The tree has many superstitions surrounding it, from its supposed ability to give nightmares to the beliefs of fringe scholars that they are natural sivs for Soul Essence
. Regardless of the truth, the plant’s pale lumber and constant glowing particle aftereffect makes it sought after by craftsmen Aloria
Ironsonias are huge, dark-lumber trees with a deep connection to the Asha
and the Dewamenet Empire
. The Elves who came after ignored the tree, despite vague claims of ties to some of their gods, and the Asha would eventually reclaim the plant when they freed themselves from slavery three centuries ago. Ironsonias now populate the Ashal Islands
, renown for their iron-level strength and long-lasting nature, and have been turned into many treasured objects over the years which have withstood the test of time.
Tee’kratonnas are towering trees native to the distant Sundial Isles
and have been embraced as symbols of the Suvial Altalar
. Now suffering at the hand of multiple Void-outs over a nearly 300 year period, the Sundial Isles are in need of the survival of these grand trees to maintain the rapidly degrading ecosystem. The tree is also known for its natural binding ability, resistance to the elements as well as fragrant flowers and important oils, all elements seeing it used in a range of different ways by the Suvial who rely on this local vegetation.
Baadalan Trees are better known as cotton trees to most in Aloria
given their primary byproduct of cotton, soft white fibers harvested from around the Tree’s seeds. Baadalan Trees originated within the Sundial Isles
where they were rapidly exploited by the Suvial
and soon, the broader Allorn Empire
which saw them spread out across a vast area of Aloria
. They remain essential for their production of cotton, now used in the production of literal tons of fabric across many nations, and in a wide spectrum of bright colors.
Originated from northern Farahdeen
and spread by the exodus of Qadir
during the waning years of the Sariyd Empire
, the Taqafasula Tree is a tall tree well known for its contributions to the culinary world. Often called Kaffee Trees because they produce the Kaffee bean, the plant has become widely popular across the world because of this fruit it bears. Great plantations of the Tree dot the southern reaches of Corontium
and areas of Aloria
's west, while it is still grown in Farahdeen, enjoyed by the two groups now made to share that distant continent.
Moon-Moth Trees are the plant that dominates the forestry of the Hortutor Wildlands in the so-called Moon-Moth Forests found in Altaleï
. Made up of huge specimens which when grown outside of the Wildlands, have a more normal size, they are best known for their glowing sap which also allows their leaves to bioluminescence at night. This trait extends to any harvested wood from the Tree, attracting insects at night while also gleaming a faint blue, though its unique grain often attracts artists seeking to use its properties to accentuate artwork.
The Eleaesc Tree is a variety of olive tree developed to withstand the smog and other environmental pressures of Ashaven
from samples gained in nearby Etosil
by the regional Eronidas
. Ashaven olives and their resulting aged, bottled olive oil have since become part of both regional cuisine, and well known across Aloria
as coveted ingredients for one's culinary creations. The tree still thrives today for this reason, and while now found beyond Ashaven, still remains closely connected to its origins in the minds of all.
Smecan Trees are a species of lumber tree seemingly created to help absorb and filter dangerous chemicals. Whether it was a creation of those Eronidas
, or something dating back to their time in Guldar
, remains a mystery. However, the Eronidas plant it near their smog vents and other sources of potentially dangerous chemicals to cleanse the earth and the air. Its wood is black with swirls of pale yellow that can be brought out by artisans to create truly unique-looking items.
- Allú'tornë are Large to Immense trees well known to any from the west and south, where they dominate the plant life of the many jungles and swamps across these lands.
- Allú'tornë thrive in humid environments, and have spread across the west and south of Aloria, capable of reaching great heights and dominating the terrain around their trunks.
- Allú'tornë grow in the wilds of a number of continents, though their greatest concentration is in the lands of Altaleï especially after the Wildering caused many deep growths to explode across the land.
- Allú'tornë are populous across Aloria, though certain areas are steadily being striped of them by resource gathering operations, largely at the hands of the Regalian Empire.
- Royal Oaks are Medium to Large trees known for their reliable wood. They are common to Corontium, but have been spread to other areas through trade.
- Royal Oaks thrive in temperate environments, but are capable of withstanding seasonal temperature shifts quite well.
- Royal Oaks were initially isolated to a small area of Corontium, but with the rise of the Regalian Empire, exploded across the landmass and beyond. They grow in the wild but are subject to considerable logging efforts.
- Royal Oaks are highly populous in Aloria.
- Dragonet Appletrees are Medium plants known for their tart orange-toned apples, as well as world renown ciders crafted from said apples.
- Dragonet Appletrees emerged in Anglia sometime before the Cataclysm, and fare best in cold-to-temperate regions. Some claim the harshness of winter gives the apples their tart nature.
- Dragonet Appletree orchards were initially monopolized by a single family, but a family feud allowed others to grow the plant, and it is now known in various parts of Aloria, though its largest populations remain in Corontium.
- The Dragonet Appletree is an uncommon plant in Aloria, exported to other areas, but favored by the Ailor and only found in certain areas.
- Håndtres are rare, Medium plants with connections to the Old Gods faith. They give sweet, five-knobbed orange fruits that give the tree their name.
- Håndtres are found scattered across Aloria, in sites of former and current Old Gods worship, as well as the ancient trade network of the Proto-Velheim. They are most found in Southwynd and Eastwynd, as cold northern climates are deleterious to their survival.
- Håndtres are considered symbols of fertility and love, with their fruits commonly prepared into sweet treats of the faith, and the small orange blossoms processed into perfumes and oils.
- Håndtres are rare, scattered, and in some areas, dropped in number as overzealous Unionists chop the trees down, or allow them to die, without any care or attention.